Saturday, January 23, 2010

Back to Work

So, I managed to be a working mom all week long. It was a long, hard week. On Monday morning, Matt and I took Katie to Nanny's (my grandma - Katie's great grandma) early Monday morning. We walked in the door and Katie immediately started smiling at Nanny - what a reassuring feeling for Mommy.


Katie had a GREAT day Monday, a rough day Tuesday, and GREAT days Wednesday-Friday. Nanny also managed to get Miss Priss on a schedule :o)


Her new schedule:


6:30 - Wake up time

6:45 - Nurse

7:15 - Arrive at Nanny's, Play time with Nanny

8:00 - Morning Nap

10:00 - Bottle

10:30 - Playtime with Nanny and Papa

12:30 - Bottle

1:00 - Afternoon Nap

3:30 - Mommy arrives (she has to wait on Katie)

4:00 - Wake up and Nurse then go home!

6:30 - Nurse

7:30 - Bathtime

8:00 - Nurse

8:30 - Bedtime

10:00 - Dreamfeed


It is going really well! I am enjoying being back at work and back on a schedule. I miss Katie so much during the day and have learned that "bribing" my students with getting to look at Katie's pictures is such a great incentive :o) Plus... Mommy gets to see pictures of her beautiful girl a lot!


I am going to have to figure out how to get the lesson plans, grading papers, and getting things together for school plus spend time with Katie. It is hard, but I think I can handle it. My principal is being very leniant with my requirements these days!


Just a sweet picture of little miss :o)

2 comments:

Carman said...

I can't imagine how hard that must be! But I'm glad that your first week back was a good one. I'm sure it's wonderful knowing that Katie is in such great hands during the day. :)

Lilly, Reid, Matt, and Sara said...

I am so glad things are going great! You will find that balance--I know you can do it!! Plus, what a blessing to have your grandma be able to keep Katie!!