Sunday, March 29, 2009
Friday, March 27, 2009
We have learned that Cooper's affection for us knows no bounds... Matt was in the shower the other day and had taken Cooper into the bathroom with him, thinking Cooper would just play with his toys until Matt got out. We have a glass door to our shower, and Cooper stuck his nose to it and whined like he was getting his toenails pulled out. Matt, hoping that cracking the door to the shower so that Cooper could see him better, slid the door open just a couple inches. And that was all it took! Despite the fact that he HATES getting wet (bath, rain, etc.), Cooper jumped up in the shower and sat down at Matt's feet! He would rather get drenched in the shower than spend 5 minutes "alone" (i.e. in the same room as someone who's taking a shower)! A couple days later, he did the exact same thing to Cori! Like we said... His affection for us knows no bounds!
The housebreaking is going REALLY well... He has, not always - but often, started going to the back door and whining to be let out when he needs to pee. This is huge (and fast) progress! He still has an accident every once in a while, but that is usually because we aren't paying enough attention to his "I-have-to-pee-and-if-you-don't-take-me-out-I'm-going-to-do-it-behind-the-recliner" dance. We were worried that we wouldn't be able to housebreak him before we moved to our new house, but I think that we'll definitely be able to have him (at least 90%) ready within the next two months!
Finally, this was a busy week for the three Fryars (yes, we count Cooper as one of our numbers)... We went to the drive-in movie on Friday night (which Cooper J absolutely loved!) to see Twilight (which Cori E absolutely loved!). Matt turned 25 on Monday (just how many grays hairs does he have now?). And Cori, who is on Spring Break, has been working tirelessly on her ESL paper... We are looking forward to the weekend and a chance to see family for our nieces' joint 5th and 1st birthday parties.
Friday, March 20, 2009
- He got his first bath (and shower - that story to come later)
- He can now stay in his kennel for five hours during the day while we're at work
- He doesn't cry at night any more when we put him in his kennel
- He is eating two and a half full meals a day (though we still have to water his food down so it isn't as hard)
- He made it three and a half days without having an accident in the house (but then peed in the floor when we didn't take him out quickly enough after a nap)
- He LOVES playing outside and will stay in the backyard by himself
- He took his first walk on his leash - it was VERY short (but his second walk circled the entire block)
- He went to the park with Cori and Emma and (accidentally) ate a sno-cone
- He went to Cori's school and met all her students (and LOVED them all)
- He plays fetch (a.k.a. "get it-get it") and will bring the toy back after it's thrown up to 10 times (though he usually loses interest around 5)
- He is (later tonight) going to his first drive-in movie
As you can see, it has been a very busy week at our house! Matt has been on Spring Break this week and was able to spend every afternoon at home with the pup. Cori has Spring Break next week, so Cooper still has another week of getting lots of attention before our regular schedules resume.
He's a great pup - very cuddly at times, but also lots of fun to play with! He has very quickly become a part of our family, and we love him a lot!
Sunday, March 15, 2009
He has also had a lot of fun with plastic bottles of different shapes and colors, but the funniest may have been his adventures with a 2-liter Diet Mountain Dew bottle:
Finally, he does other, completely random cute things... Like these:
Saturday, March 14, 2009
Monday, March 9, 2009
It was a terrible day and I hope that I have scared my kids enough to NEVER pull that off...
Thursday, March 5, 2009
Square Footage: 2,247
Bedrooms: 4 and a bonus room
It has a small front porch (big enough for two chairs), a good-sized back yard with a porch, a small storage building, and plenty of space for our puppy and hopefully-soon-to-be kids! We looked all over Springdale at all kinds of houses, but we fell in love with this one. It is large enough for our family to grow into over the years, and it is on a beautiful and quiet street.
We're going to have a party this summer for all our friends and family - be looking forward to it!