Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Presidential Election

From Matt
The time has come, as it does once every four years, for the United States to elect a new President. It seems like every election is "the most important election of our time," so I'm not going to sit here to expound upon how crucial this election is over all others before it. I will say, though, that this presidential election is important to the future of our nation... And I sincerely hope that Americans are not so short-sighted as to vote for the wrong person for the wrong reasons.

Because it is unlikely that anyone will read this before voting today, and even more unlikely that it will sway anyone's opinions here in the eleventh hour, I will not go into my spiel regarding how unqualified Barack Obama is to be President and why his policies (tax, economic, social, foreign affairs) will prove to be harmful to America and Americans. Rather, I will simply say that John McCain, though possibily not the ideal Republican candidate is the more qualified, more capable, and more "user-friendly" candidate, and I--with all that I am--hope and pray that he wins. For my family, myself, my (future) children, my friends, and my country...

It will all be decided tonight... And you better believe I'll be up until it's finished! Until then - in the words of several great Americans - "God bless you and God bless the United States!"

No comments: