Sunday, April 19, 2009

The Coop Scoop

It's been a while since we updated everyone on Cooper's growth and progress... He went to the vet (a.k.a. "Uncle Nick") yesterday for his last round of puppy shots. He weighs 9.5 pounds (more than twice what he weighed the day we got him), and he is--by all indications--a happy, healthy puppy!
He isn't housebroken yet, but he's making good progress. About 90% of the time, he'll go to the door to let us know that he needs to do business... The other 10% of the time - well, we're still working on that. He has a penchant for chewing on DVD cases - he got Varsity Blues off the shelf three times!
He is doing great with his kennel - he doesn't cry when we put him in there, and he can stay for up 6.5 hours without having an accident (which has only happened once when I didn't get home on time). Our care of him has been greatly assisted by his Puppy Nanny, Mary Claire (a good friend from law school). She has been taking care of him in the middle of the day three or four days a week, and we think he likes her more than he likes us!
His two favorite activities lately are: (1) laying on his back while we rub his tummy and (2) playing fetch with anything that we can find to throw for him. He's a lot of fun to be around (most of the time), and we're very glad that he's a part of our small (but rapidly expanding) family!


5 comments:

Mischelle Coston said...

Isn't that precious! He's such a cutie! Brandon has already been asking when "Hooper" gets to come play! :o)

Lilly, Matt, and Sara said...

HaHa. He is your baby now, but wait until THE baby gets here. Seriously, Lilly's favorite thing in the world is Tank...she likes him more than Matt and I (or at least she gives him more smiles and giggles). Cooper is too cute. In just a couple weeks you will get to hear the heart-beat!!!

Fryar Family said...

That is the "next to the cutest" dog I have ever seen! ! ! He looks a lot like another dog I know - at that age... Thanks for the updated pictures. Oh, and you can just put tape over the DVDs until he gives up on being able to get them out. {:o)

Holly said...

What an adorable little puppy! Aww!

Fryar Family said...

Updates, Please?
"Mom"