Saturday, July 31, 2010

Sorry so late!

I had to go out of town Tuesday-Friday for my second year of Literacy Lab. The workshop was held in Searcy. I had a great time spending time with my great co-workers, but I didn't have the best time during the workshop. I felt like we were pretty much read to the entire time, and I didn't learn anything new. HOWEVER... We had a presenter come and introduce us to a softward for your classroom library - AMAZING! We all pretty much felt like we were in teaching heaven. I don't know about all the other teachers out there, but I have struggled with trying to find the best way to handle my classroom library (checking books out and in). With this software, you scan all the books you have and it automatically enters them into your personal software. Then, it is handled just like a regular library. You know when a book was checked out and who did it. You also know what kinds of books the students like to check out and how many books each kid checks out. It is quite possibly the BEST thing I have ever heard of for a classroom!

Anyways, onto the photo challenge!


Day 5 - July 27, 2010
I let Katie play by herself in the playroom this afternoon. She LOVED banging her pots and pans together and climbing on the play kitchen.

Day 6 - July 28, 2010
Mommy had to go to a workshop in Searcy for a couple of days, so baby girl got to stay home with Daddy. Daddy took her to the library for Toddler Time. It was his first time to take her and her last time to go this summer.
Day 7 - July 29, 2010

Katie had her very first non-family babysitter this morning - Audrey Rogers.
Day 8 - July 30, 2010 (Mimi's Birthday)

Cousin Hannah came over and watched Katie this morning. Katie loved spending time with her older cousin, and I'm pretty sure Hannah enjoyed the Katie time, too!



No comments: