Monday, February 23, 2009

If You Give a Pig a Pancake.... He'll want to go to a garage sale!

This past Saturday, the 5th graders did a pancake breakfast and garage sale to raise money for a HUGE field trip in May. We are going to the Ozark Natural Science Center. It costs $110 a kid and there are 72 kiddos in the 5th grade, plus we have to pay for buses (which are very expensive nowadays). You do the math... It is very expensive! Anyways, the pancake breakfast and garage sale were a HUGE SUCCESS! The students raised over $3,000!!! We still have a long ways to go, but we are over 1/3 of the way there. I wanted to say thank you to those of you who donated.. I have thank you letters from my class, so you will be getting those fairly soon! I have enclosed the link to O.N.S.C. and thought some of you might like to take a look!


http://www.onsc.us/educational_programs.htm

1 comment:

Lilly, Reid, Matt, and Sara said...

Matt and I were going to go but Lilly ended up staying the night with my grandma and aunt...so we slept in. I am glad it turned out so well!